Sunday, April 1, 2012

91 Feelings of Gratitude

General Conference I love listening to general conference each April and October. The words penetrate my heart, and I feel the love of the Lord. Yesterday's and today's messages were no different. I left conference with a stronger desire to follow Jesus Christ, to teach others about him, and I gained a stronger testimony of various topics.

President Uchtdorf's talk especially touched my heart. He spoke on forgiving others, not holding grudges, and letting go--even when we were wronged by someone else. I know what it's like to have your feelings hurt or have someone simply come against you, because they do not like you and base judgments on false accusations and information. Margaret Kartchner once told me, "Holding a grudge is like drinking the poison you intended for someone else." In essence, it gets you know where and harboring those bad feelings only hurts yourself. Furthermore, when we refuse to forgive others, it's as if we are telling the Savior that His infinite atonement was not enough to pay for the sins of that person. He comes to us and asks us for forgiveness on the perpetrator's behalf. Of course, we will forgive Him, when things are put in that light. He has nothing to repent of or be forgiven of. Thinking about the atonement in this way has really helped me (as described in The Peacegiver).

Anyway, I loved general conference. I'm grateful I had the opportunity to watch via the Internet and I invite anyone who is curious about where they came from, where they are going, or why they are here to view the conference addresses online here.

No comments: