Monday, April 9, 2012

98 Give Thanks

Fasting Yesterday, I had the opportunity to close my fast on behalf of the Ingram and Lauritzen families. Prior to that, I had actually prayed with our nursery leaders and children on behalf of little David. His parents adopted him from birth, but they had previously gone through SIX failed adoptions. In addition to that, David had actually received a hematoma while playing with both his parents on their tile floor. This resulted in CPS taking him away for one week and the courts determining if they should remove him permanently. Once specialists confirmed the skull fracture resulted from the fall and no harm from the parents, they were given David back. They also had to battle a few court things for the first little while, before he was finally deemed their's on a permanent basis. This little family has gone through so much to have David. Now, he will fight for his life over the next six months to a year. It was wonderful to join others in a fast for him, as well as Joel Ingram, and put forth our faith. I felt strengthened in doing so, and I pray that they also received that support.

I have a testimony of fasting. When we give up something and put off the natural mind, we are spiritually strengthened. We are blessed with an outpouring of the Spirit. I can't really explain it. You don't know until you actually do it. But it works. When family and friends have come together to fast for my family, we have been lifted up and able to bear our burdens better. I'm ever grateful we have the blessing of fasting.

No comments: