Friday, May 11, 2012

127 Hearts of Gratitude

Words of Jesus I'm ever amazed by the life of Jesus Christ. Not only did He live the perfect life, in that He never gave into temptation or sinned, but then, he also overcame sin in the Garden of Gethsemane, as well as death on Calvary. His life was nothing short of amazing. And today . . . He lives! I recently learned something new about the Savior, something I have never given much thought. It goes back to the prompting my home teacher acted on. Essentially, I've learned over the past two weeks that Jesus Christ responded perfectly to the people around Him. At times, He rebuked people, other times He offered love, compassion and support. Still, He helped and healed. Many times, he responded with questions or redirected the questions back to the asker. I was studying in Mark last night, and specifically about the account where the blind man hears that Jesus is near. He calls out for Him, and His apostles chastise the man a bit. But Jesus goes to Him and asks what he needs. The man asks Him to heal him. I'm certain Jesus already knew that the blind man needed/desired his sight, but He required the man to recognize that need/desire first. And so this is with our lives. Heavenly Father stands willing to bless us, but we must first exercise some work and effort on our part. I so desire to be like the Savior in all ways in my life, but especially in this way. How amazing would it be to always know what to say, how to respond. I'm constantly trying to do this with my children and as a mother. Until you've experienced first hand what it's like to deal with specific special needs, you really don't know about what goes into a day or one piece of the day. I'm trying to accept some things and submit my will to Heavenly Father's will for me. I'm trying to remember that this life is just a small moment of the eternities, that one day spirits and bodies will be healed and perfected. I'm trying to exercise patience, love, charity, and kindness. I'm learning not to judge those around me. I'm learning that I need the Savior every hour of the day. We try to get through minutes and then, more minutes, and soon an hour, and then, more hours. I can choose to love. I'm grateful for the words of Jesus. They teach me.

No comments: