Friday, May 25, 2012

145 Moments of Gratitude

The Women that Love My Children    I have been blessed to be surrounded by many women that have taken in my children as second mothers.  They love on each of them, when I need a break, or when I have to be somewhere.  Below are a few of the women in David's life.  I still need pictures of Ms. Cyndi, Ms. Brittany, Ms. Jenny, Ms. Patrice, Sister Niziol, Sister Watson, Sister Ott, Sister Taylor, Sister Gillett, Sister Raschke, and Sister Bustos.  They really are one of a kind and hold a special place in our hearts.

 The infamous Ms. Smith--LOVE her.  We already miss her for next year.  She has been such a great advocate for David, calling home many nights to check on him, sending home notes, catching him doing good, and providing a safe place to go, where he knew he was loved.
 Oh, this boy LOVELOVELOVES these two ladies.  I heard about Ms. Valerie and Ms. Bernice every day.  Thanks for being such amazing paras.
 This is such a special lady, Ms. Ballard.  She has been such a positive influence for good on David.  Her 9-year-old daughter struggles with some of the same things Davey does (I found out just today.), and I think that is why she has been able to have such a kind and sweet compassion for him.  She has loved on him so much and just helped him to soar.
Ms. Sandra.  This is one of the kindest, most loving, and tender mothers I have ever met.  She has been David's afternoon bus driver, and Ms. Patrice was her para.  Together, they took David home on the bus and delivered him safely to me at our driveway.  Sadly, Ms. Patrice hurt her back/leg really bad and  had to stop working on the bus.  :(  So . . . it's just been Ms. Sandra for the past five months, but we love her all the same.  She is wonderful and has made David feel so special.  We will miss her greatly.

And we will miss all of these women.  I'm ever grateful for them, tutoring me in charity and teaching me to love more kindly and compassionately.  Our family is so blessed.

No comments: