Sacrifices of Families to Let Servicepeople Serve Our Country It's easy to overlook the sacrifices made by the families and loved ones of our military and servicepeople. While I am so grateful for those who have laid down their lives to provide me with freedom, peace, and happiness, I recognize that their families and loved ones also paid/pay a price. Talk to some of the women in your community about their husbands being gone for 18 months at a time, leaving them to fend for themselves and care for the children at home. Talk to the grandparents and parents, the sons and daughters. Each sacrifices so much. I'm ever grateful to my father for serving so many years, my grandfather, and my mother, who cared for us for so long on her own. A special place in Heaven is reserved for these people. Happy belated Memorial Day. We are truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment