Thursday, May 24, 2012

Version 142.0

The Power of Laughing    I have made it a point as of late to have a higher ratio of positive interactions to negative interactions with my kids.  Often times, I can turn a bad attitude or a sticky situation with one of the kids into a laughing matter.  It seems to cure some of the anxiety/hostility/frustration on both parties' sides.

Anyway, a few things happened this week that sent me rolling.  First, Matthew's school had a graduation celebration for all of the 1st graders.  This was quite comical to me.  It made me think of that line from The Incredibles about coming up with reasons to celebrate the mediocrity of everyone.  It just made me laugh a lot.
This kid.  He is so funny and goofy sometimes.  This week, after family home evening on Monday night, we watched Ryan's softball highlight film.  It had some Flo Rida and a few other catchy artists.  We got Matthew dancing on camera--priceless!!!




 In a non-creeperish way, I took pics of the little girl in pink.  As a result, the pics aren't so great; however, she looks just like the little girl from the movie Up, and she has the same type of personality.  Her name is Rachel and we have heard about her all year long.  Just recently, we spotted her on a sidewalk in our neighborhood, spanking the heck out of her dog with ice cream running down her face and bedhead.  Matthew is totally googley-eyed for her, and she's sort of the perfect personality to counter his.  Oh, I almost lost it when I was at the celebration, because I was so tickled over the whole thing.
I'm grateful for laughing.

No comments: