Thursday, May 24, 2012

143 Feelings of Gratitude

An Attitude of Gratitude    I have recently been able to serve a few different individuals.  It's been most rewarding to help someone in need and feel like I was an instrument in the hands of God.  I love that feeling.  There is nothing more gratifying than knowing that you are answering someone's prayers and serving your Master.

I've reflected on my experiences and I've received two very different outcomes.  One particular individual received my help with open arms and made it a point to say "thank you."  They made it a point to let me know how much they appreciate the service.  The other individual simply expected the help and even went as far to complain that not enough people serve their family--almost like an entitlement of sorts.

Now, we don't serve others to be thanked.  We don't do good deeds to get recognized, but it's helped me to see how Heavenly Father feels.  He loves all of us and He's going to bless each of us, but He must feel a little bit empty when people just expect and take and never return so much as a word of thanks.  I'm certain He's more apt to bless us or have a desire to bless us more frequently when we show forth gratitude and recognize His hand in our lives.

I'm ever grateful for such wonderful parents and grandparents, who have showed me such a tremendous example of gratitude.  Any time I have done anything for my parents or my in-laws or grandparents, I receive a phone call or an email or a card, thanking me for the tiniest thing.  I remember my mother growing up always made sure to thank others for their service to our family and taught us to show that gratitude.

 (We tried a few times on these pics, and finally, settled for two different halves.)
I feel grateful for attitudes of gratitude and I LOVE being around those people.

No comments: